Welcome to SensorMonkey
What is SensorMonkey?
SensorMonkey is a free online service for streaming real-time sensor data live over the Internet. Our focus is on providing a sensor-agnostic streaming platform (including client-side tools) for delivering high-throughput, low-latency sensor data over the web.
Currently, the SensorMonkey service provides a web-based interface for:
- Connecting, configuring and controlling local sensor devices.
- Viewing data from local sensor devices in real-time.
- Publishing data from local sensor devices with the click of a button.
- Viewing (subscribing to) published data from remote sensor devices in real-time.
- Sending commands to remote sensor devices to control their behaviour and operation.
The following screenshots show SensorMonkey's web-based interface in action:
What sensors does it support?
SensorMonkey is sensor-agnostic. Currently, it works best with sensor devices that expose a serial communication interface to the operating system (using a direct USB-connection or a Bluetooth transceiver, for example) but it can be made to work with almost any device that exposes a TCP/IP interface.
Examples of sensors that can easily connect to SensorMonkey include:
How do I connect a sensor?
How do I sign-up?
Simple. Just login using your existing Facebook account and you will have immediate access to the SensorMonkey service.